3/4 cup butter (melted)
3 TBS. white sugar
8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 C. white sugar
1 8oz. container Cool Whip, thawed
2 3oz. pkgs. strawberry jello
2 cups boiling water
2 10oz packages frozen strawberries (slightly thawed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust. Make sure mixture is spread all the way to the edges. This keeps the jello layer from seeping under the crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.