This is a favorite of my Ladies Night Out group. Stock up on the Muirhead pumpkin butter at Williams-Sonoma and use it all through the holidays.
• 1 (18 ounce) box Duncan Hines butter yellow cake mix
• 1/2 cup butter melted
• 13 ounces pumpkin butter (specifically 1 13-oz. jar of Muirhead pumpkin pecan butter, found at Williams-Sonoma)
• 3 eggs
• 1 tablespoon flour
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup butter softened
• 3 Tablespoons milk
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Reserve 1 cup of cake mix and set aside.
• Mix remaining cake with with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish sprayed with PAM.
• Mix one jar of pumpkin pecan butter with remaining two eggs and milk, and pour over cake mixture in pan.
• Mix remaining 1 cup cake mix with flour, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon, and crumble over the top of the pumpkin layer.
• Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
• Cool to room temp and serve.